Thursday, January 1, 2009

Beginning the 2009 Adventures

It's official! I'm in Australia and I'm here for good (or atleast 4 months)! I love it here! The second day here we went out the beach to soak in some much needed rays! The ocean was amazing! Crystal blue waters, hot sun! What more can I ask from the earth?!

So, New Years! It was amazing! I went with some friends into the city of Canberra (pronouced Canbrah) and we went out to some dance clubs to count down to 2009! It was so fun! Can you say Cantina?!

So ya yesterday had some fun times as well. I got all unpacked and put all my things away then I went out riding with a friend out on a farm. Different riding than I am used to, australian stock saddles, but it was fun just to be in wide open spaces. And on our way home I saw my first live kangaroos! Like a whole bunch of them, and some joeys with their mums and then they just hophophoped away it was so cool I was practically screaming! But I guess by the time I leave here they won't even phase me to see them.

Well I love it here and that's that. I hope I can keep updates coming! I love being in the warm weather and the new year! But you know 2010 is coming up you better watch out!

4 comments:

camille said...

hah... it's not very hard to imagine you screaming at the sight of kangaroos :)

gigi said...

I cannot believe you saw actual kangaroos. I would have screamed as well. And I'm not a huge screamer.

Gary and Sara said...

Just make sure you drink responsibly.

Gary and Sara said...

miss you too!