Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crazzzzy Names

So, I've been in here Australia for about 4 weeks. I can't believe it's gone so fast, but one thing I've noticed and loved is all the crazy names of things. Utah has it's fair share of unusual names e.g. Scipio, Laverkin, Eureka, and such. But I love the names and I have to always say them in my head, some are long, some are just a jumble of letters, but I love it. The names sometimes make me thing of things that it sounds like. I adore these different names because it means that I'm in an amazing place!

Names of my favorite places so far:
Cootamundra = all the people there have Cooties
Tangmangaroo = A man that had a pet kangaroo Skippy would go and drink at the Tang filled billabong
Juglong
Burrinkjack
Wee Jasper
Garangula
Murrumbateman
Bongongalong

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Lenna! I miss you! I hope that things are going well in Australia, sounds like your ponies are a handful! I want to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Elena! I found your blog! I love it!!!! And those names are wicked sweet ;)