Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blog or Personal Scrap Book on the World Wide Web

So, pretty much 95% of my friends now have blogs. My own personal definition of a blog is a place where you can write down more than just events in your life, you can write about your opinions about things that can have no meaning, put into words feelings about something seen that just won't leave your head. I don't really see a blog as an online journal. My journal is mean for only one pair of eyes to ever see it's contents, and those would be mine (but some selections may be shared in controlled situations).

Everyone is getting blogs to keep people informed and post pictures of themselves where ever they are. Isn't that was facebook is for?
Putting up pictures and movies and captions under each picture? Or do the people want others to have the instant ability to go to one site and see every activity they've been up to? Maybe instead of saying that they have a blog they should sy they have an online scrapbook page. Or better yet I should make a business of a personal online scrapbook website, now I'm thinking...

Either way I think that just to have a blog to keep others informed isn't going about the true purpose of a blog. This came from the Wiki site "Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality". And I agree. It in the words of Gurkin "People's Punisher is not about being read it's about being written".

Well that's the obeservation of the mornin'

Signing off- Skadoosh!

1 comment:

gigi said...

I agree with you to a point. I don't think that blogs should be like a ship's log, simply detailing the actions and events of the day. But I do not think it is bad to chronicle things. But I think the things you chronicle should have some sort of meaning, like maybe you learned something, or were reminded of something else, or were really affected by something.
Also, my word verification is pitsists