Sunday, January 4, 2009

In My Top Ten Best RIdes!

So being in Australia is A-Mazing! And I've been riding with a friend on the farm she rides at and we have been on some super awesome rides that totally come into my top ten ranking.

The first we went out to a field and rounded up some cows and after we got them lil' doggies into their right pasture we rode up this hill. Now this wasn't the you're granny's hill, this was almost straight up vertical, and the tallest hill in the valley. We just hung on and tried not to get in the way of the horse. I ride Raylene (the Machine). We got to the top and the view is 360 degrees. It was so gosh darn amazing! I could see the town of Yass where I live, out to the Snowey Mountains (that I might have a chance to go ride), to Canberra the capital and all around. It was so cool. The landscape there looks like what you would suspect the Australian bush to look like, kind of dry plains and trees. Pictures to come for sure!

Ok and the next day we went out for another ride. We went to the far side of the farm. We started cantering nice and easy, then my friend came charging up from behide me, and Raylene likes races, so we took off and just thundered up the hill. My little Raylene really is a machine, every hill from that point was a race. An automatic smile just came to my face as we were riding. How could I not have a smile, I am doing my single most favorite thing in the world in an amazing countryside. It feels like you are on a safari. There are cockatoos, parrots, and kangaroos for the matter just everywhere. Totally different spectrum from the Utah profile, and way different from cowboy country.

Well, I guess that's that, this blog post comes to you live from Yass, NSW.

1 comment:

Gary and Sara said...

hOW AWESOME! wISH i COULD SEE IT! cOULD YOU SEND PICS?