Friday, December 5, 2008

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

The countdown is on, 21 days until I leave the United States for my four month journey. I can't believe it is coming so fast. It seems like just last month that I got back from camp. There is so much that I need to get ready, just personal stuff, like packing, moving back to my house, and such.

It's a bitter-sweet departure. There is so much I am going to miss. I don't know how I am going to survive without Camille. She is the one I can vent to, the one person I feel ultimately comfortable telling anything. Then there are new friends that I have made this year. My first group of friends not from high school. They are so awesome a part of me doesn't want to leave. But I know this is one of my journeys of life that is going to help shape me as a person.

The parents are very skeptical about me going. I understand that as I go into a foreign country I am putting myself into a lot of risks and important decisions. The people I am going to be staying with are not Mormon and do not hold the high standards that I have committed to my life. They do know that I have these standards and they really respect my decisions on them.

I am so excited to go and I'm surprised that I haven't already started packing. Usually when a big trip comes up, I start packing weeks almost a month before I leave. Actually I need to get on that... But everything is falling into place and it is going to be a journey of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Gary and Sara said...

when will I see you again?

camille said...

this post completes my life :)