Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Little Girl Stuck in the Middle

So I am officially a Gap Girl! Last night was my first official shift working at Gap. I worked in the Kids area and found my lifelong calling... folding! Maybe it's because I lived 19 years with an OCD mother, but I love board folding and making all the piles look uniform, even the signature "GAP" hoodies have to be folded a certain way so you can see the "GAP" logo when folded. Coworkers would come by and ask how I was doin' and I would say I was great while they replied they what to shoot themselves. My manager even commented how nice they really looked. Gold star for Elena! We were really focused about making the whole store look amazing because the CEO of Gap inc. is coming to our store with all the PR people and the logo hoodies are one thing that they are going to be looking at. I'm way excited to work at Gap, although I was a little nervous on Tuesday because I have never done retail, but then I thought about it, and well working at Build a Bear is exactly the same just dressing kids instead of bears, but it's almost exactly the same working in Baby Gap. I told my manager that and they thought that was humorous.

So in my mission prep class there is this boy who is Troy Bolton in the flesh! I even called him a wildcat today. I don't know why I think this, he doesn't play basketball, but just the way he acts and kinda how he looks. We were in groups together today, and I must say that he is hot! Too bad he's 18, but I like that I'm making little friends in my mission prep class. He is also from Boston, my favorite city in the United States! Oh gosh, Troy Bolton! Too bad I do not sing and I'm not on the math team, dang. Well I guess I "Gotta Go My Own Way".

-Lenka

1 comment:

Gary and Sara said...

Has he seen your wildcat cheer uniform? I'll bet that would be nice for your class!