Thursday, December 17, 2009

18 Polos and Counting

Finals are done meaning I have my cup of freedom and I am going to drink it all! And now that finals are over I can starting thinking about the most important thing in my life right now, going to Australia!

To start off I've starting organizing and half packing my stuff. I have a lot to take with me this time and I hope I can manage it with two 50 pound bags and one carry on. This will have to hold all my stuff:

Saddle, 2 saddle pads, girth, breastplate, bridle, front and back jump boots, front and back cross country boots, 4 polo wraps, 2 sets of sable wraps, 4 stable bandages, fleece cooler, lycra sheet, lycra hood, 3 helmets, tall boots, rubber boots, event watch, braiding kit, 18+ polo shirts, 9+ breeches, show coat, 3 show shirts, stock tie, paddock boots, half chaps, s/s shirts, l/s shirts, couple dresses, jeans & pants, shorts, socks, undies, swimsuits, jacket, sweaters & sweatshirts, 5ish pairs of shoes, hats, toiletries

I think that's it. I don't know how I came to accumulate all this stuff. I mean I'll use all of it, but it is a hecka lot of stuff! The thing is if I have to cut back on stuff it's going to be my clothes, hahaha! But I can always buy clothes there. I just feel bad leaving all my clothes behind. It's hard.

It's also hard packing for a whole year of clothes. Having something for every season! And to top it off I'm going to the completely different season we are in now. I can pack light, but this is a whole different extreme because I'm packing for living, not for traveling.

I am getting a little sad too. Leaving things behind. Having to pack up stuff and leave my room all organized like no one lives in it. I keep catching myself just looking around at my room, my room I'm going to leave behind.

The sadness also spreads to missing my fam. It's going to be a long time with out them. My nieces, nephews, brothers, and sisters are going to be different in good ways when I get back from my adventures. I wouldn't pass up my opportunity for anything, but it's going to be probably one of the biggest if not the biggest life changing experience.

No comments: