Thursday, July 2, 2009

Love & Logic

There is this technique of parenting and working with kids called love and logic. I recommend everyone to really look into it. So we use these methods to work with kids not against them. I just want to mention some of my gem phrases that I love saying to our girls.

When they are whining about something and they want you to solve their problem you say: "Hmmm what are you going to do about that"

"Everyone at Birchwood knows... eg we use good table manners, we don't swim under the dock, we include everyone"

Or there's the "play dead". When they keep keep whining you just shrug your shoulders, "hmm sad-day" that's a classic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, these will come in handy with the flying monkeys.

thedoodlegirl said...

Those are perfect phrases that I will try on my kids!! (This is Rebekah Sellers, btw)